It will be easy for you to sharpen lawn mower blades with a bench grinder if you only follow a few steps, which is one of the best things you can do for your lawnmower.
We all know how vital the lawnmower for people who have a backyard at their homes because it is a unique machine that will keep your lawn and all parts of your home that have grass looking perfect.
Why is it important to sharpen lawn mower blades?
You will notice that after long-term use of a lawnmower, its blades could grow blunt, so you will have to sharpen them very well to use it again without facing any problems. You will know that your machine needs to be sharpened when you start noticing inefficiency when using it but don’t worry, you can easily solve this problem quickly to have better work from this machine.
Why do you need to use a bench grinder to sharpen lawn mower blades?
First, you need to know what exactly bench grinder is, it is merely a benchtop machine, which has a great ability to drive abrasive wheels for shaping metal or sharpening cutting tools too. In our case, to sharpen lawn mower blades, then you will notice that we will focus on the ability to sharpen cutting tools by using the best bench grinder ever.
Things to do before sharpening lawn mower blades with a bench grinder:
- You must check your machine’s work area by having an in-depth look at the grinder to make sure that it is supported on a flat and level work surface.
- Now it is time to clean your work area by taking care of some things, such as all the flammable materials, including gas cans, shop rags, and other solvents.
- You have to wear loose clothes to make sure that they will never get caught in the grinding wheel, and you will also need to make the place empty as possible as you can to prevent any damage.
- You should check all aspects of the grinder correctly by knowing if there are breaks in the insulation or exposed wires on the power cord or not. It is important to know if there is a broken of damaged cord’s ground terminal or not, and you will also need to make sure that no guards are missing or damaged.
Steps to sharpen lawn mower blades with the best bench grinder:
We all know that there are many ways you can follow if you want to sharpen lawn mower blades, but you will never find a better way than using the best bench grinder.
It will help you to get the best results ever in a short time without making any extra efforts; therefore, we will tell you today the steps of making your lawnmower blades better.
- It is important to determine whether your lawnmower blade is left-handed or right-handed, and you can do this step by laying the blade on a flat surface. If you find that the straight edge on the far end is on the right, then it is a right-handed blade, but if it is not, then it is a left-handed blade.
- Now you have to adjust the grinding angle for the blade, and you must do that on a table, and then you have to match its angle to the stone face.
- It is time to put the power cord into an approved power switch, and then you will need to adjust the motor switch to forward or reverse as you wish.
- When you use the grinder, you must stand facing it and never be on the side for your safety.
- Now you can easily turn the switch to the “on” position, and then you will be able to leave the motor and stone come to full speed without worrying about anything.
- You can now hold the blade with your two hands, and they must be positioned on the opposite end of the area that you want to sharpen.
- When you notice that the motor at full speed, then you have to put the blade flat on the table at 90 degrees, and then you need to pass the blade across the stone, and you will stop when the edge has all the nicks and dull spots removed.